Brooks Studios is the trading name of Mark Brooks, and is a Videography Company based at 30 Lawrence Way, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 6HH
This policy applies between you (as a user of our website and/or user of our videography services) and Mark Brooks trading as Brooks Studios. We take the privacy of your information very seriously.
Collection of information We collect personal information from you when you complete and return our enquiry form from the contact page of the brooksstudios.co.uk contact page or when you telephone us. This information amounts to name; date of wedding; venue of wedding; email address and telephone number. Our website automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies and the pages you request. We use Google Analytics from time to time to analyse how our visitors use our website, which only collects anonymous information (i.e. that five people have visited a certain page, but we do not know their names or addresses). From time to time we also use Google AdWords and Facebook Advertising to promote our business, no personal data is collected from this process.
If your enquiry through the website does not lead to a confirmed booking, the information we have received from you will be deleted within one month of receipt. If your enquiry leads to a confirmed booking, this initial information and all subsequent emails received and sent during the wedding planning process will be kept for one year from the date of our last email contact with you. All raw images will be deleted one month after the final product has been delivered. Electronic copies of the Teaser Trailer, Highlight Reels and completed film will be retained within Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook (which is a video sharing platform) and
MediaZilla (which is a cloud-based media platform) for a period of no more than 5 years as this will allow for the promotion of our services and the replacement of lost/damaged films for customers during that period of time. If you should wish your film to be deleted sooner than 5 years, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us that you no longer wish us to retain your Highlight Film and completed film and this will be deleted and confirmed back to yourselves.
Your permission will always be sought for us to use your Highlight Reel for the promotion of our work to other prospective customers and you can request at any point in time that we cease using your images for this purpose. Please email us at email@example.com to let us know and we will ensure they are no longer used. The personal details you give us are stored within our Microsoft Excel; Edge and Word software, which is accessed, by Mark brooks and his administrator only.
Use of Information
We use the information you give us for a variety of reasons but mainly in order to be able to contact you. We also use some information for legal and tax purposes. We do not share personal information that we learn about you with unrelated third parties. We may also share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take
action regarding illegal activities or situations that involve potential threats to the physical safety of any person, as required by law. Principles that we apply to the collection of personal data
We must process data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
We collect data for a specific purpose (so we do not collect data for one reason and then use it for something else). The data we hold is adequate for its purpose but not excessive or irrelevant.
The data we hold must be accurate and kept up to date. We do not keep data for longer than is necessary. We keep data securely (paperwork in a locked cabinet and online with strong passwords).
Your rights You have the right to request access to, rectification of and erasure of your personal data. You have the right to object to us processing your data and the right to withdraw consent. Please contact us to action this or to speak to us about how we handle the processing of your data.
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. For information on this or on the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations go to the Information Commissioner’s website at http://ico.org.uk Third party websites Our website contains hyperlinks to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties. Obligation to provide personal data You have no obligation to provide us with your personal contact details. Whilst this will not preclude you from being welcome to make use of all of our services it will restrict us being able to provide you with our wedding videography service.
We will archive your data once your wedding videography has been completed and we will delete these records after 12 months of no contact with you.
Images & Media
Images from weddings we have filmed may be used to promote our services on our website or in printed material. Couples will be asked if they wish to give permission for their Highlight Reel to be used for this purpose. At any point after giving permission for their images to be used for this purpose, couples may withdraw their permission at any time by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org And this will be actioned promptly. The wedding guests present will be aware of the videography taking place during the wedding day. Couples using our services will be encouraged
to ensure and to confirm to Brooks Studios prior to the wedding day, that parents of minors are made aware that their child’s images will be captured. Those not wishing their images to be captured should make their requests clear before the filming begins.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mark Brooks T/A Brooks Studios
Quality Policy Statement
Brooks Studios was established in 2015 to provide Videography and Photography services to a wide range of industries and businesses. We are based in Burnham, Berkshire and employ up to 4 contracted staff on an ad-hoc basis.
Quality is important to our business because we value our customers. We strive to provide products and services which meet and even exceed our customers expectations.
We are committed to continuous improvement and have established a Quality Management System which provides a framework for measuring and improving our performance.
The following systems and procedures are in place to support us in our aim for total customer satisfaction and continuous improvement throughout our business:
- regular gathering and monitoring of customer feedback
- a customer complaints procedure – any complaints received will be acknowledged within 48 hours and be fully investigated within 21 days
- selection and performance monitoring of suppliers
- training and development for our employees
- regular auditing of our internal processes
- measurable quality objectives, which are shown on the ‘About Me’ website page, which reflect our business aims
- management reviews of audit results, customer feedback and complaints
Our internal procedures are reviewed regularly and are held in a Quality Manual which is made available to all employees.
This policy is posted on the website and is also provided on request.
Although the Managing Director has ultimate responsibility for Quality, all employees have a responsibility within their own areas of work to help ensure that Quality is embedded within the whole of the company.
Environmental policy statement
Mark Brooks T/A Brooks Studios is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of this document to achieve are:
- To ensure that waste is kept to a minimum and disposed of in the correct way
- To actively promote recycling within Brooks Studios and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- To source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- To meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company
Equality and Diversity Policy
Brooks Studios is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture
amongst the whole workforce. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace. Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. When Brooks Studios selects candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability. All employees will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents. Therefore, the skills and resources of our organisation will be fully utilised and we will maximise the efficiency of our whole workforce.
Brooks Studios commitments:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to discipline those that breach thispolicy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which [company name] believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
Brooks Studios will inform all employees that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace.The policy will also be drawn to the attention of funding agencies, stakeholders, customers, learners, and job applicants.
Brooks Studios equality and diversity policy is fully supported by senior management and has been agreed with trade unions and/or employee representatives.
Brooks Studios Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the workplace.
Health & Safety Policy
Part 1: Statement of intent
This is the health and safety policy statement of Brooks Studios
Our health and safety policy is to:
– prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
– manage health and safety risks in the workplace
– provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work
– provide personal protective equipment
– consult with employees on matters affecting their health and safety
– provide and maintain safe equipment
– ensure safe handling and use of substances
– maintain safe and healthy working conditions
– follow emergency procedures of venues we are working in, including evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident
– review and revise this policy regularly
Part 2: Responsibilities for health and safety
1 Overall and final responsibility for health and safety:
Mark Brooks (Owner)
2 Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice:
Mark Brooks (Owner)
3 To ensure health and safety standards are maintained/improved, the following people have responsibility in the following areas:
Mark Brooks – safety, risk assessments, consulting employees, accidents, first aid and work-related ill health
Mark Brooks – monitoring, accident and ill-health investigation, emergency procedures
Mark Brooks – maintaining equipment, information, instruction and supervision, training
4 All employees should:
- co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
- take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and
- report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person (as detailed above).